February 3, 2013

intention

Right now, the weather is so perfect for a snuggle in bed, but ugh I'll just get even more lazy if I follow suit my own desire. Its like a self-destruction. And that is just plain stupidity.

So anyway, today is the last day of my semester break holidays as semester 4 is gonna start tomorrow (beams in happiness and excitement!) The enthusiasm and determination I'm feeling right now is just so different in comparison to any other semesters. I can't seem to figure out why. And I think its wrong for me to feel this way (?!?!?) Had I did it all for the sake of God, wouldn't it then that I'm supposed to feel as such for all semesters? /facepalm/

So yknow what's the problem now? The problem now lies in one's intention. Every single thing that we do, it all goes back to the intention as intention is the root of all deeds. Good intentions lead to positive outcomes. Bad intentions lead to negative outcomes. Agree? But however, doing something bad with a good intention does not make sense because how can you get good outcome through means of doing something bad? 

I went for a talk yesterday, "Whoever Purifies it, Succeeds ; Overcoming Diseases of the Heart", by Syeikh Bilal Ismail and was reminded that having intention solely for the sake of Allah is the ultimate intention a Muslim should have. I swear to God, having the intention to stay put is something so difficult. 

There is a hadith (sayings of the Messenger may peace be upon him) that mentioned about 3 types of person that'll go into the Hellfire first.

Who are these people? 

Such are people from the 'ulamaa (scholars), the one that loves to donate and the one that was martyred. But why?! As we see such people with high standards/expectations and we tend to look up on them, but truly only God knows what's exactly in the hearts of those. So what went wrong? Yeappp, they got their intentions wrong. They did it because they wanted to be called so-and-so and to be praised as such-and-such. Such people would then be said to them "You did it for dunya, so you got dunya! Now there's nothing left for you in Aakhirah!" and they would be dragged on their faces to be thrown into the Hellfire. 

Astaghfirullaah. Ahhhhh such utmost importance it is to have the proper, right intention T___________________T