February 28, 2013

but why?

Pretty lady, handsome man, beautiful kids but....a wrecked marriage. (WHY?!)

Parents of my students got divorced, and there they were in front of the school's office, fighting over custody.

"But my custody starts at 9 am!"
"Yes I know! But these kids need to go to Madrasah! You can fetch them later at 12!"
"No no no! I want to take them now!"
"Don't just think about yourself!"
"Astaghfirullaaah! No! I want to fetch them at 9am!"

It was like any other Saturdays, a working day for me as a preschool teacher. Coincidentally on that Saturday, I wanted to go to the office to ask of something from the admin but even before I reach the office counter, I heard a whole lot of commotion. I peeped behind the door, feeling a little afraid yet curious at the same time.

Saw big brother (of only 6 years old) holding mom's hand while dad was carrying kid brother (who is only 4). While mom and dad continued arguing and letting their egos get into their heads, they forgot that their poor little kids whom they adored and doted on, had to hear to all those disgusting heated arguments.

How appalling.

Please mom and dad, please spare a thought for us, had they knew how to express themselves verbally.

How hurtful that might be for them /sigh/

Though school starts at 9am and ends at 12pm, the father was so insistent in wanting to fetch the children back home. However, both parents came to a thoughtful decision, that they two decided to stay, bought a cake for the youngest son as it was his birthday and celebrate it in school. Despite all, they managed to take a beautiful family picture though broken smiles were seen.